Saturday 9 March 2013

Japanese Ranchu Season Update

It's been a few days since my last Japanese ranchu entry and to be honest not a lot different has been happening. We have more snow predicted and below freezing conditions forecast yet again incredibly and so the warm day and mild nights that i've been awaiting have not come yet. The ranchu continue to chase, particularly for the first 48 hours or so after a water change.

Another water change was carried out today and the ranchu chased energetically. Spawning mops are in the ranchu pond and I hope that more chasing occurs through the night and perhaps into tomorrow when I can monitor them more closely.

The pond is holding at around 18.5 degrees C, with the ranchu being fed 2/3 times per day.

I'm keeping in mind the time of year that spawning has occurred previously. Those were the last weeks in March and with generally warmer conditions throughout the whole month. I will remain patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment