Sunday 27 January 2013

Brine Shrimp Eggs For Sale UK

Brine Shrimp Eggs For Sale UK

Just before this weekend I received my eagerly anticipated shipment of high quality, Brine Shrimp Eggs, from the USA.

I was a little unsure of just what quantity I am likely to get through this season and so my order was on the safe side. Assuming my culling is carried out efficiently and the Brine Shrimp hatch rate is as good as I expect, I'm confident I will have ordered far more than I will use this year. I would guess that I comfortably have twice as many tubs as i will require, based on raising other varieties previously.

If anyone fears they may be short at anytime during the season and is interested in the extra tubs of brine shrimp eggs that i have, please contact me at ranchu.uk@gmail.com

The snow, that so much of the UK has endured over the past few days, has cleared almost over night. Temperatures have risen from below freezing daily, to somewhere in the 5-10 degrees C range. I'm very glad that i began to start warming things up when i did, as the pond is easily rising by 0.3 C daily, on its own currently, with the bright, milder day times, that we are now experiencing. The ranchu continue to look healthy, moving infrequently, slowly, but looking comfortable at the same time. The temperature of the pond is now in the region of 7 degrees C.

The ranchu resting period has given me a lot of time that has been spent preparing equipment and developing ideas for the upcoming season. A lot of the theory seems great and i'm getting increasingly excited to see how it all plays out in reality!


3 comments:

  1. Do those brine shrimp work good for your ranchu or would you recommend something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freshly hatched brine shrimp are the best possible food for fry in their first few weeks.

      Delete
  2. I think they will Hach soon

    ReplyDelete